UPDATE: The Provincial Health Office assured on Sunday that the two new COVID-19 cases reported in Negros Oriental are not the result of a local transmission.
Dr. Liland Estacion said in a press briefing that the two positive fishermen contracted the virus aboard the Philip D.R. vessel they were on, and not here in Negros Oriental.
To recall, the captain of the said vessel had been diagnosed as a COVID-19 patient and later died in Manila, Estacion said.
Estacion added that there will be no need for contact tracing, as authorities have contained the two positive fishermen at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital in Dumaguete City. Their fellow “pescadores,” meanwhile, have also been contained at a government quarantine facility in the same city. #NewsBite | via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor
Yes The Best Dumaguete Facebook Page