Negros Oriental reports 3 new COVID-19 cases on June 29

Posted by on 06/29/20 12:46 PM

Tag List: ,

Last modified on: 07/7/20 1:14 PM
Total Post Views:

DUMAGUETE CITY — Provincial Health Officer Dr. Liland Estacion announced on a press briefing today, June 29, 2020, that the province has three new COVID-19 cases.

The new cases are all Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) from Cebu: a 21-year-old female Mabinay native, a 79-year-old male Guihulngan City, and a 66-year-old female who died on June 23 and hails from Taclobo, Dumaguete City.

Video taken live by Provincial Government of Negros Oriental Facebeook Page

The Mabinay native is a 21-year-old female who was repatriated from Talisay City, Cebu province on June 21. Three of her close contacts are asymptomatic; one of them even showed coronavirus antibodies in a rapid diagnostic test. However, a confirmatory RT-PCR swab test will be done to that contact to determine if he or she had indeed contracted the coronavirus.

The Guihulngan City native is a 79-year-old male repatriated from Tisa, Cebu City, which is among the villages with the most number of COVID-19 cases there. Because he showed symptoms of the disease, he is set to be admitted to a private hospital in this city, Estacion said.

Among the patient’s direct contacts are his 27-year-old son-in-law and his grandchildren aged nine and 11 years old. They are now under isolation at the quarantine facility designated by the Guihulngan City government. This is the first time that the city had recorded a coronavirus case.

The third case is a 66-year-old female from Barangay Taclobo, Dumaguete City who had been under quarantine in one of this city’s hotels after she underwent a brain surgery at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City.

Four days after her arrival in this city on June 10, she was admitted to the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital where she died nine days later on June 23. Her positive results only arrived five days after she died, Estacion told reporters.

She has yet to disclose what the patient’s direct cause of death was.
Estacion also noted that all of the local government units of the concerned cities have begun further contact tracing to identify those who came in contact with the three new cases.

As of June 25, there are now six active casee in the province, along with one new recovery and one new death: the 66-year-old female patient from Dumaguete City.

The newest recovered case is the fisherman from Bindoy town who finally tested negative for the coronavirus after a third swab test. He had been under isolation for more than a month since he and his 150 fellow fishermen arrived in Negros Oriental on May 17 from coronavirus hotspot Manila via fishing vessel Philip D.R.| via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best News Editor

Article Reference(s)
Provincial Government of Negros Oriental Facebook Page
Yes the Best Dumaguete