9 New COVID-19 Cases in Negros Oriental, total 11

Posted by on 06/1/20 4:49 PM

Tag List: ,

Last modified on: 06/21/20 8:19 AM
Total Post Views:

DUMAGUETE CITY, Negros Oriental — Provincial government of Negros Oriental announced that there are 9 NEW COVID-19 cases in the province. The nine (9) new cases are fishermen aboard the Philip D.R. vessel that arrived May 17, 2020. This brings the total number of new COVID-19 cases in Negros Oriental, this week, to 11.

The nine new patients are asymptomatic and are set to be transferred to a government quarantine facility where they will be monitored 24/7 should there be changes in their health statuses, Dr. Liland Estacion said.

Of the 11 new infections, seven are residents from Negros Oriental and two are from Cebu Province: 3 from La Libertad, 2 from Tanjay City, 2 from Bindoy, 1 from Sibulan, 1 from Ayungon, 1 from Santander, Cebu, and 1 from Samboan, Cebu.

Estacion maintained that there is no local transmission among the new cases because they contracted the virus aboard the Philip D.R. vessel, not in Negros Oriental.

To recall, the captain of the said vessel had been diagnosed as a COVID-19 patient and later died in Manila.

Governor Roel Degamo assured Negrenses that there “nothing to worry about” the 11 new COVID-19 infections in Negros Oriental.

Walay angay ikabalaka. Isolated ni sila sukad sa pagabot. Wala ni sila ga gawas-gawas. Asymptomatic pod ang 9 new patients,” Degamo said in his Facebook post.

Nine new fishermen aboard the Philip D.R. vessel tested positive for COVID-19 on June 1, 2020, while two of their fellow “pescadores” also tested positive on May 31, 2020. This brings the total number of new COVID-19 cases in Negros Oriental, this week, to 11. – via Raffy Cabristante, 106.3 Yes The Best Dumaguete News Editor